When you are practicing on your own, it is not the amount of time you spend that counts, but your ability to invest that time wisely. Always have a plan of action in mind. What shot(s) do I work on today? Today let’s practice putting. Have the basic fundamentals in mind when you begin:
- Aim the putter blade before you take your stance
- Take your stance … knees, hips, shoulders and eyes parallel to the target line
- Light grip pressure and firm wrists throughout the shot
- Swing the putter back only with your arms and shoulders together
- Head and lower body remain still throughout the shot
- Throughout the stroke, the back of your left wrist remains flat, and your right wrist remains bent
We’ll see that you gain a thorough understanding of basic fundamentals.